I have
always had a love for sports. Throughout my life I played all kinds of sports
like, football, basketball, lacrosse, baseball, softball, soccer, racquetball,
volleyball, golf, and tennis. The sports that I played for my school was
football, basketball, and lacrosse. Those are my favorite sports. When it came
to practice I would always try to be the hardest working person on the team. I
pushed so hard. Some say that I went too hard.
It all
started back when I was in seventh grade. I went to block the defender on the
opposing team in football. When the one defender turned to two, I tried my
hardest to block them both. My hand ended up getting stuck in between the two
of them, and my hand got bent back. Suddenly I got this strong feeling of pain.
I stepped back because the play had ended. I looked at my hand and it was just
dangling at the wrist. I started to scream and I yelled to my coaches, holding
my arm in the air, I think it’s broken! My coaches told me to lie down so the
referees could call a timeout. I stood on the sidelines icing my wrist until
the game was finished. And I told my parents I think we should go to the
hospital. I had broken my first bone. They casted me up and sent me back into
the world. Little did I know this would just be the first of multiple injuries
in the future.
My eighth
grade year I sprained my ankle while I was trying to tackle the running back,
and my freshman year I did the same thing to my other ankle. My sophomore year
I was in as a tackle when my quarterback threw an interception. Their team
turned into a blocking formation, but I saw the ball carrier and I was focused
on tackling him. I ran as fast as I could and suddenly I saw an opponent coming
towards me. When he went to block me my left foot was planted in the ground,
and it got hyperextended. I hoped stepped and soon realized that I couldn’t put
weight on my leg and I rolled off the field and directly on the trainer’s
table. I soon was told that there wasn’t that big of a problem, but I had to
sit out of football for a week and go to physical therapy.
After
working through physical therapy I got back to sports, and lasted all the way
until lacrosse season. During lacrosse season I started to have some pain in my
shoulders. It continued so I decided that I would see a doctor. The doctor told
me that I had some instability in my shoulders with tendentious in my rotator
cuffs. I had to yet again go back to physical therapy to strengthen my
shoulders.
I worked as
hard as I could in the off-season to get back to playing for football season. I
made it in to two-a-days and I started to feel a strong pain in my right foot.
I went to the trainer and she told me that she didn’t think it was too serious.
I continued for two of these two-a-days and I finally said this is way too much
pain to be having. I went to the doctor and they told me that I had a stress
fracture in my foot. This injury put me on crutches, and had me out until the
last four games of the season.
After
football season I played basketball and developed some back pain. I found out
that I had strained a muscle in my back. I had to go to see a chiropractor and
the chiropractor told me that I had two vertebrae in my back and my neck that
didn’t move like they were supposed to, and this could also add to some of the
pain that I was having. After basketball season was over I decided that I was
going to skip out on my lacrosse season to try and give my body a break.
While I was
working out in the off-season getting ready for football, I didn’t have the
luck in staying healthy. During a agility workout I landed wrong on my leg and
it hyperextended again. It hurt really bad and this time I actually got an MRI
on my knee. They told me that I had a chronic tear in my ACL and that I had
tore both of my menisci. They looked at my medical history, and told me that
they probably made a mistake when looking at my knee the first time. Because
this was a chronic tear means that it was probably a problem for a long time.
They told me that I probably had a partial tear in my ACL and I was continually
tearing that until I finished it off. I had to undergo surgery, and I was on
crutches and back to physical therapy yet again.
This put me
out for most of my senior year in high school, but then when it came to summer
I still wanted to exercise. The only thing that was the problem with this was
that I was again having pain in my shoulders. It seemed to be getting worse
even though I was still doing the exercises that my physical therapist told me
to do for the rotator cuff tendonitis. I went to the doctor yet again and they
told me that I should get this thing called an MRA. An MRA is where I would get
one MRI go to an x-ray machine so I could get a shot of this dye directly put
into the shoulder joint then I got another MRI. I got this done on both
shoulders. The news was that I tore both of the labrums in my shoulders, and I
had to get surgery on both of them.
I have had
a lot of problems with injuries in my life. I always have gotten through them.
I had 4 surgeries in 2 years with 4 years of physical therapy. I’m glad to say
that I’m nearing the end of my time at physical therapy and I’m hoping to have
a good bill of health for a long time.
No comments:
Post a Comment