Thursday, April 19, 2012

I Like Feeling Happy


I’d like to think that my mind is a very unique thing. I’d like to believe that no one else thinks like I do. I’ve met people in my lifetime that think similar to me, but never anyone that has gone through the same experiences and can relate to the same things as me. I’d like to believe that there is no one like me. My mind wanders often leading me to magical places, or just thoughts about life in general. I often think about many things at once. I have even lost sleep to my thoughts. I’ve had times where I climb into my bed and then I just start thinking about the events of tomorrow. My mind will go through every single possible outcome of things that I have to do. The mind is a beautiful thing.
            Lately in life one of my favorite things I like to do is tell stories. I mostly tell stories of events in life that happen to me. I try to live a life where I may do some crazy things because I think, imagine how awesome this story would be to tell people. I also like to tell fictional stories. When you tell fictional stories anything that your mind thinks of can happen. I remember how in a creative writing class I once took; I would always want to read my story to my classmates, because I wanted to see their reaction to it. I’ve always tried to be funny and make people laugh through my stories, but there are times when I like to be serious too.
            In this blog I’m going to tell a lot about my life experiences and about different fictional stories that my mind thinks about. You can ask my friends, and they will tell you that I like to tell stories. Also when I tell stories sometimes I feel the need to tell you a different story so that you can get more background information on my stories that I originally want you to know. My stories can sometimes be ramblings, they can be complex, but I always try to make them enjoyable.

            Right now I’m a happy guy. I’ve been keeping positive about most things. This didn’t always used to be. I used to be kind of depressed, especially once I got into college. When I came to college I was initially sad because I didn’t want to leave all of my friends that I had grown up with. I didn’t really go out and do anything while I was at college because I’m not really all that outgoing. Sure you may look at me and be like, “James, come on! You are too outgoing!” but I am here to tell you that, that has not always been the case. I remember all the way back to my freshman year of high school. I was insanely shy. I wouldn’t talk to anyone, but my close friends. I would just sit in class silent and just do what I was told. As my high school career continued I loosened up and got to where I felt more comfortable talking to people, and better at talking in front of people, but going to college was so different. I was with people that I have never met before and being away from my parents. Before college I never was away from my parents for more than a week! For the entire first quarter I didn’t really party much, and I didn’t really get to know that many people because it is not the easiest for me to talk to people. I’m known to make people feel awkward and that makes me feel somewhat comfortable.
            One thing about being away from home made me realize was who from back home really mattered. I tried so hard at the beginning to keep in contact with the people I believed were my friends, but I grew tired of that. A lot of the time I felt like a bother because I didn’t fit in their time schedule or there were doing something different. I ended up finding who really mattered when people actually made time to talk to me. Whether it was through giving me a phone call or Skyping me, they would make some sort of effort to show that we were still friends. I just tried to not care about the people that don’t care about me. Those kinds of people aren’t worth the time.
            Another thing that improved my mood was when I stopped caring about some of the little things. I stopped worrying somewhat about what people thought about me, and it made me more comfortable at college. I started to go out of my room and make new friends with the people in my dorm. The truth is the friends that I have met in college are better than any of the friends I have ever met in my life.  I don’t know what I would do without these people because they have made my stay in college so much better. I learned that when you live in the moment that life is more enjoyable. I started to do things with my friends.
 I got to the point where I actually fully enjoy being at college. Sure it is stressful at times with the massive workloads, but outside of that it is a blast! Over spring break when I went home actually got to the point when I actually just wanted to be back at school, because then I would be with my best friends living life. I’m not sure what I’m going to do when summer rolls around, but I know I’m going to make the best of it. I know I’m going to miss the friends that I have made since I’ve been at school, and I will have to visit and make plans with them all summer because they are the people that are important in my life. I always used to be someone that would look out for other people, but I’ve learned that I have to look out for myself first. I’m just trying to do things that make me happy regardless of what people think.



No comments:

Post a Comment