Thursday, April 19, 2012

People Are Crazy


I have decided that I will never understand the actions of people. I don’t even understand the actions of myself at times. People are crazy. Sometimes I hear stories that people have told me about the stupid things they have done, and it just makes me wonder why in the world did they do it in the first place. I know I may sound like a hypocrite because there is a lot of things that I would do that a vast majority of the world’s population would question, but I believe that somewhere there is a line that you just shouldn’t cross. I will never understand why people cheat in relationships. I don’t understand why people kill innocent people. I don’t even understand why teachers feel the need to hand out massive amounts of homework. I know what you’re thinking, that last example is nowhere near as serious as the first two, but it’s still a big problem in today’s society.
            In my life I know I’ve done some stupid and questionable things, but I’ve mostly done them with the best of intentions. I’d like to think that everything that I have ever done in life had some kind of purpose to it, but that’s not true. I’ve done things, and then sat back and just wonder why I did that. Maybe it’s just one of those spur of the moment types of things. I sometimes just sit and wonder, but the truth of the matter is that nobody really knows.
            In my life I try to be truthful all of the time. I do this because I want others to be honest with me. I hate it when people lie to me, especially when there is no need for it. Some people just lie because it makes them feel better. They normally can’t even come up with a good reason for why they do it they just do. Life would be easier if people didn’t lie and we could all be honest and trusting with each other. That is why when somebody puts his or her trust in me I take it really seriously. I will do what ever I can to not let them down, because I hate letting someone down. It makes me feel terrible.
            I sit and think back and reflect on the life that I’ve been living. I remember a time when I was a sophomore in high school, I knew a friend that had this major stash of fireworks. If you didn’t know fireworks are legal to buy in Ohio, but illegal to shoot off in Ohio. See we decided that about six friends were going to split the fireworks into two different cars and drive around and shoot them off. We started by going to the houses of people we knew, and firing off fireworks in their yards, and driving away. At one house as we were firing off the fireworks a car came driving up the road. Us being worried they would call the cops on us we take off running. The driver of the car I was supposed to be in just took off, and I was able to dive into the car just in time before he got too far, but two of my friends weren’t so lucky. I turn around to look and they are still running, and I yelled at the driver to slow down to pick them up. Next thing I see from my one friend running behind the car is him lighting a roman candle and shooting it at the car that is coming towards them as they are trying to get back in the car.
            After we got out of that mess we took a drive to the opposite side of town to start having more fun. We got to the point where we would even shoot bottle rockets out the window of the car at each other’s cars. This caused a lot of excitement because bottle rockets are a little bit unpredictable. A few of the shots that were fired would shoot near houses, and even hit mailboxes and trees.
            As we neared the end of our stash of fireworks we decided that we wanted a grand finale of sorts. We had about five of this firework called a Saturn bomb, and we had a box of smaller fireworks that you light one fuse and they go off one by one. There were three of us that got out of the car at one edge of the large field near the center of my town. We ran to the center of the field, lit all of the fuses, and ran for the row of trees on the other side of the field where there was a small road, where our ride was going to be waiting to pick us up. We made it into the car without problem, and the driver started speeding away. Next thing you know we see some headlights, and one of the passengers in the backseat yelled slow down it’s the cops. The driver didn’t believe him, but slowed down to please him. Suddenly, the car shines a spotlight along the line of trees, and as we go by it we see the lights on the top of the car. We ended up missing the cops by a short amount of time. This interested us because then we started to drive around town, and in just about every single place that we had shot off a firework there was at least one cop, but the cops never knew it was even us.


            Sometimes the crazy things that people do are not always harmless. Sure there were risks that we took, but we didn’t hurt anybody. We didn’t really think of the consequences of our actions. I honestly don’t think that what we did that night was wrong, because I know while I was doing it I was having a lot of fun. I know that there are some things that I will do, without thinking, but there are some things where people need to learn to take a step back and think about how this could affect other people in a negative way. 

No comments:

Post a Comment