Monday, May 21, 2012

Dreaming While Sleeping


In life there are many things that are strange. One of these things that I find strange are dreams. Dreams have always been interesting to me. I was told that you always have a dream, but why can’t you always remember them. I’ve gone what seems like months without ever waking up with a solid dream in mind. Also in my life though I have had some dark and crazy things happen in my dreams. Most of the dreams that I remember are some that bad things happen. I even at one point hopped on the internet to look what certain things in dreams meant. I get that into dreams. Maybe this is why the movie “Inception” is near the top of my favorite movies of all time. I once spent an entire night researching dream walking similar to what they did in the movie. I’m not one that really believes that is possible, but it was very interesting the things that I found in my research. Who knows maybe one day these types of things will be possible. Although, that may be a little scary if someone could enter your dreams, because that’s some Freddy Krueger stuff. It seemed like the more website that I looked at the more strange things people had done to try and walk into other people’s dreams. Somebody posted how you are supposed to focus on a person you want to dream walk to and fall asleep in an office chair while it’s spinning. Others said you need to take this special plant and cook it like a tea and drink the watery mixture. All in all I think most of these people are probably crazy, but it still interests me because I think it is cool.
            I remember this one dream that I had once, and in it I heard a news report that kids were being “abducted” from the playground area mostly closer to the nighttime. So one night I decided to do some detective work on my own and I went down to the playground. I did some looking around and while I was doing so I thought I saw something move in the forest area on the one side of the playground. As I made my way over to the forest area I hear someone behind me. I turn to look and there is a small kid asking me what I am doing. I tell the kid that I am just looking around. The kid is interested and he stands beside me as I look into the woods. I thought I saw something move again so I move closer. When I look really hard and don’t see anything move I turn to the kid to tell him to go home so I can leave. As I turn to look at the kid something dark pulls him into the woods. I take off after this shadow type creature running as fast as I can. I decide to take an angle thinking that I know the path that it is taking. I want to cut it off. It actually works and I inch closer and closer. As I reached my hand out to grab the creature, it abruptly stops turns around and grabs me by the throat. At this exact moment is when I wake up from my dream out of breath.
            I find it odd that in a lot of dreams you wake up when something unexpected happens, or when you die. A lot of times if it never has happened to you in life than you don’t know what to expect of it in a dream so you wake up I guess. Although I know in my life there have been some times where things happened in my dream that have or couldn’t happen in real life. Once I even had a dream than woke up to find it happening in real life, it was some crazy déjà vu. Sometimes you have reoccurring dreams and other times it is just a new story, but they are always interesting. I even had a dream once where I wasn’t the hero of the story, which is something that is not normal.
            Yet the most intense dream that I have ever had started out with me in a diner. I was wearing a business type suit and I had a badge and a gun because I was an actual detective. I had a partner with me that was a black man that was a little taller than me. We were in the diner investigating a recent crime. My partner was talking to the customers in the diner, and I was talking to the waitresses behind the counter. As I’m talking to the waitresses I hear a commotion coming from behind me. I turn to look I and see a man turn my partners gun back to him. As I see this I immediately pull my gun and point it at this man, because I don’t want my partner hurt. I yell for this man to put the gun down, because I hesitated to pull the right away. The man with the gun quickly points the gun at me and fires three shots. Two bullet hit in my chest near each of my shoulders and the third hit me in the lower right side of my stomach. Normally a person would wake up from being shot, but I continued to dream, and feel what seemed like I was actually being shot in real life. I ended up pulling the trigger on this man, and killed him with a shot to the head. I stumble forward and look to the woman behind the counter and tell her to call 9-1-1 and pass out within my dream. Next thing you know I am coming back into consciousness within my dream and I look up as lights go by. I look to my left and right and there are doctors looking forward and looking down with panicked looks on their faces. I look down at my chest and I see blood all over and coming from where I was shot. I pass out again from within my dream. Next thing you know I’m back to consciousness within the dream again and I was in a wheelchair outside in a courtyard wearing a robe and pants. I open my robe a bit to see bandages. I peeled the bandages back and I had bullet wounds on my body. This is when I actually woke up from the dream. When I arose from my sleep my chest hurt really badly, especially at the places where I was shot in my dream. It was almost like I had actually been shot. I could talk what would probably be a really long time about dreams, but for now this is all.



1 comment: